Remember – Electricity is dangerous. Always use a registered qualified electrician.
1. For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings: (a) “The Company” shall mean Switched On Electrical (Coventry) LLP. (b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials. (c) “The Operative” or “Electrician” shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2. The Company shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates given in writing to the Customer & signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
3. Material Collection. Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but: (a) Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable. (b) If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
4. Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/electrician or for the late or non delivery of materials.
5. Cancellation Rights – Cancellation rights will be provided when required.
6. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
7. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
8. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is: (a) Subject to misuse or negligence. (b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability; materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
9. Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed. The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention. The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of any Electrical Danger Notification certificates issued.
10. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
11. No engineer/ electrician or other member of staff will enter a property where there are minors present, but no persons over the age of 18. Should there be adults present when the member of staff enters the property, but the situation changes and for any reason, they are to leave the minor in the property alone, the member of staff will also leave at the same time.
12. In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 024 7695 4321, or write to us at Switched On Electrical (Coventry) LLP, Unit 3 405 Broad Lane, Coventry, West Mids, CV5 7AX or email us at email@example.com. We aim to respond within 48 hrs of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised. Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as an NICEIC member you can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on 01582 539036.
These terms & conditions & all contracts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
Your Statutory Rights are not affected.
Due to a recent change in regulations we now have to tell you what information we collect about you and your property and how we process/store this data.
Switched On Electrical understands the issue regarding privacy on the Internet and as a result we will explain how we handle the information we receive through our website.
The technology we use collects information such as domains name, search engines used and keywords searched on and this information is collated to identify number of visits to our website and other such statistics for the purposes of improving our website and our marketing. This information will not be used for any other purposes.
However, you may wish to provide us with additional information to allow us to respond to your requests for further contact. Switched On Electrical will not provide this information to any companies outside of the group. You will always be given the opportunity to say that you do not wish to receive further information.
Any information we collect via either of the methods stated above will be held for as long as necessary to conduct business relationships. It will be stored securely and you will have the right to access information held by us in respect of you, as instructed by Data Protection legislation.
If you have any questions or comments contact us via the contact details on our Contact page.
The material available on this website is designed to provide general information only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, it does not constitute legal or other professional advice.
Switched On Electrical or any of its subsidiaries cannot be held responsible for the contents of any pages referenced by an external link.